NHL Insiders

Friday, August 18, 2006

Crazy night

Crazy night last night guys. It APPEARS as though we now have two deals in the works both with eastern teams and the western one is out for now. One trade should be announced today or tomorrow and the the other hopefully by the end of the weekend if all goes well. (We still have to up the antee in my humble opinion) The UFA signing will take place shortly after. I can tell you people will be shocked with who leaves.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

News Update

Not much new to report. The Habs are still trying to put a deal together with either team and the UFA signing hangs in the balance. I can teel you the western team's demands are more reasonable. The eastern team's price is huge. Hang tight guys.

Thanks
St.Patrick

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More News

Ok guys, since speaking to my boss on the way in this morning I have learned a few more things here at the office.

  1. Bob is closer to a deal with the West conf team than the Eastern one.
  2. Bob wants to make a deal first BEFORE signing a UFA (To keep our assets values higher)
  3. If we cannot make a deal by EOW then he will sign the UFA leaving us right at the cap with little wiggle room. (Bob would then dump salary later on as we approach the trade deadline).

Hope this helps.

News

Ok, from what I have been able to gather, Bob has set a deadline for himself and will be in contact again this afternoon with the UFAs agent and hopes to have a trade pulled off by EOW. He has not given any deadlines to the two teams we have been dealing with but my understanding is he is running out of time if we are to get this UFA. I expect a flurry of activity by EOW. I'll keep you all posted.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Update

Sorry guys,

Got called away on a family emergency over the weekend. From what I can tell everything is still up in the air with both teams as far as the trade offers go. We are looking at a dump or trade or both to fit the UFA mentioned.

I will dig when I'm back to work tomorrow.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Update

Ok. Some news. We were just asked to run different scenarios whereby we would be slightly over the cap (46 mil) after a deal is made and a UFA signed with a dump by training camp to bring us back to approx. 42 mil. I'll update you later gotta go.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

No News

Sorry, had dinner with a client tonight (different one). Nothing from either team yet on Bob's proposals and so no UFA signing yet. All I can say is sit tight and wait. Wish I had more.

Update

No news yet on both fronts. Just waiting for news from management. From what I've been able to gather the two things are intertwined. The UFA offer goes into effect with the deal. I can tell you guys the salaries would match up (1 vet, 1 rookie and one prospect for a center) and no not the players Bob wouldn't let go of. This would essentially leave us where we are now and we could then absorb up to 2.5 mil no problem with a small dump for wiggle room. Hope this helps.

Hang on tight

From what I understand a final offer was made to both teams yesterday and we have an offer out to the UFA I mentioned. Nothing left to do but wait. Hang on tight and keep your hands inside the ride at all times.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

PS

At this point I only know that we where asked if 2.5 mil would work under the cap because we where looking at signing someone and that the deal should happen today with Saillant releasing the info to the presse tonight or tomorrow. I am going to assume all is still going according to plan

Update

Nothing new to report yet guys stay tuned.

Hello Everyone

Ok Guys time for some meat. I'll say this much. There are a couple of things holding up these potential deals. One is that there are two young players being discussed that the other teams want and Bob will not part with. One is a roster player while the other is not. The other thing holding things up is the status of Saku Koivu. His status will dictate the urgency with which we need to move and what we would be willing to give up for a true 1st line center.

As for the free agent I mentioned, it appears it will get done later today with an announcement either tonight or tomorrow AM.

Back with more later.